As we head into the second week of May, deals on Macs and Apple accessories continue to be good. It’s an excellent time to buy a newer MacBook Air or Retina MacBook Pro, or pick up an older 2014 model at a cheap price.
There are some limited deals on iPads this week, and we’ve also rounded up plenty of Mother’s Day discounts on products and a list of apps that can be purchased on the cheap.
iPad Air 2
Target is offering a free $75 Target gift card with the purchase of any iPad Air 2 model through 5/9. Prices start at $499 for the entry-level 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2.
T-Mobile is offering $100 off its selection of iPads in honor of Mother’s Day. Any iPad purchased on an Equipment Installment Plan will have its monthly payments reduced by $5.50 as long as the device is used on a qualifying plan (1GB or higher) for 24 months.
B&H Photo is offering a small discount on all of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB WiFi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459 and the 64GB model is priced at $569.
MacMall is also offering some discounts on iPad Air 2 models, dropping the prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB entry-level Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459, while the Wi-Fi-only 64GB iPad Air 2 is available for $539.
Both Best Buy and B&H Photo have deep discounts on some remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad Air models, as listed below.
– iPad Air Wi-Fi Space Gray 128GB – $549
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) – $499
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (AT&T) – $429
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $449
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (Verizon) – $566.99
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) – $449
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $649
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $679
iPad mini 3
Target is offering a free $50 Target gift card with the purchase of any iPad mini 3 through 5/9. Prices for the iPad mini 3 start at $399 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model.
B&H Photo is offering some modest discounts on various iPad mini 3 models, dropping the price by up to $60. The 64GB Cellular iPad mini 3 in gold is priced at $549, while the 16GB Cellular gold version is priced at $469. The Wi-Fi only 128GB iPad mini 3 in Silver is $529, while the 64GB version is priced at $439.
Discounts for each model and and color vary, but most models are being offered at a lower price than you’ll find at the Apple Store, and buying from B&H, you won’t have to pay sales tax unless you’re in New York.
iPad mini 2
Best Buy, B&H Photo, and Amazon have remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad mini 2 models, which are a good deal if you’re looking for an iPad mini. Compared to the iPad mini 3, the iPad mini 2 only lacks Touch ID.
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (AT&T) – $440
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) – $449
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $399.99
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $479
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $534.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) – $409.99
– 21.5-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,189, $110 off
– 21.5-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,389, $120 off
– 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,689, $110 off
– 27-inch 3.4GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,794.99, $204 off
– 27-inch 3.5Ghz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Adorama) (Amazon) – $2,329.99, $170 off
– 1.4GHz/4GB/500GB (Amazon) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $464.99, $34 off
– 2.6GHz/8GB/1TB (MacMall) – $663.99, $35 off
– 2.8GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $938, $60 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (B&H Photo) – $819, $80 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $1044.99, $50 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $949.99, $50 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo)- $1,139.99, $60 off
– 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) – $719.99, $180 off
– 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $899, $200 off
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (B&H Photo) – $819, $180 off
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $999, $200 off
Retina MacBook Pro
– 2015 13-inch 2.7Ghz/8GB/128GB (Amazon) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,234.99, $64 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/256GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,424.99, $74 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/512GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) – $1709.99, $90 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,799, $200 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (Adorama) (MacMall) – $2,249, $250 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/128GB (B&H Photo) – $1,079, $220 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,249, $239 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/512GB (B&H Photo) – $1,529 $270 off
There are quite a few apps that are on sale at discounted prices or available for free for a limited time. We’ll highlight a few here, but make sure to check out our sister site AppShopper for a complete list.
Goat Simulator is available for $1.99, down from $4.99. Peek Calendar is available for free, down from $2.99. 2-bit Cowboy is available for free, down from $0.99. Infinity Blade III is available for $2.99, down from $6.99. Final Fantasy VI is available for $7.99, down from $15.99.
Pixelmator for iPad is available for $4.99, down from $9.99. Monument Valley is available for $0.99, down from $3.99. Over is available for free, down from $1.99.
Toca Nature was named Apple’s App of the Week, so it will be free to download until next Thursday when a new app is picked.
In celebration of Mother’s Day, Vaja is offering 10 percent off all of its premium leather device cases. Just enter promo code MAMA when checking out. TwelveSouth is offering 12 percent off site wide with the promo code LOVEMOM though May 10. Speck is offering 30 percent off select floral cases for Mother’s Day.
Case-Mate is offering 35 percent off site wide with the promo code MOM2015 through midnight on 5/10. Groupon is hosting a sweepstakes for two Apple Watches this week, with entries being accepted until 11:59 PM PT on 5/10.
StackSocial is offering 10% off the new Griffin WatchStand Apple Watch Charging Dock. Best Buy has the Fitbit Flex activity tracker available at a $20 discount. LivingSocial has two Apple Lightning cables available for $12.99, regularly $38, and Woot has Apple EarPods for $12.99.
Target is offering a free $10 Target gift card with the purchase of a $249 32GB iPod touch through 5/9. Target’s also offering a free $10 Target gift card with the purchase of a $100 iTunes e-gift card.
Groupon has the Kensington Transparent Back case for the iPad mini for $7.99, down from $19.99. Groupon also has Star Wars iPhone cases for the iPhone 4/4s/5/5s for $7.99, regularly $19.99 to $39.99.
Groupon is selling a single set of Apple EarPods for $12.99 or a set of two for $24.99, a decent discount off the regular price of $29. Groupon has the Apple Bluetooth keyboard for $63.99, down from $79. Groupon has the OtterBox Defender Case and Holster for the iPhone 6 available for $29.99, down from $59.95, and it’s offering the Apple iPad mini Smart Cover for $19.99, down from $39.
StackSocial is offering the Satechi Aluminum 4-port USB Clamp Hub for $19.99, down from $29.99. Beats by Dre Solo HD Drenched headphones are available from Target for $99.99, down from $169.99. Best Buy is offering up to 20 percent off its selection of Beats headphones.
Groupon’s still running a big Apple event and selling a range of Apple products and accessories at discounted prices, including the LifeProof Fre case for the iPad Air, Apple EarPods, Speck MacBook cases, MagSafe chargers, Mophie battery cases, and more.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.