Happy almost Fourth of July! With the holiday approaching, retailers are offering celebratory holiday sales, discounting a wide range of products. Sales are available at big box stores like Best Buy and at smaller websites, so if you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on an Apple product or accessory, make sure to see if it’s on sale this week.
There’s a new feature in the Buyer’s Guide, which will let you know when a product is available at the lowest price we’ve seen. Look for the products that are tagged with „Lowest Price Ever“ to see some of the best discounts available. There are several this week, on an older 2014 Retina MacBook Pro that’s available for $600 off and on several older MacBook Air models.
We’ve rounded up the best deals we could find, on Apple products like the iPhone and on Apple accessories. As always, we’ve also got a list of great apps and games that are on sale this week.
Best Buy is offering a free $50 Best Buy gift card with the purchase and activation of any iPhone on a Verizon Edge, AT&T Next, Sprint Easy Pay, or Sprint Leasing plan. It’s also available for two-year agreements through Verizon and Sprint.
Prices for the iPhone 6 start at $199 with a two-year contract, or $21.67/month on a plan like AT&T Next.
iPad Air 2
Staples is discounting several of its iPad Air 2 models by $100, dropping the price of the 16GB Wi-Fi only model to $399. iPads on sale include all 16GB Wi-Fi only models and 64GB Wi-Fi only models in Gold and Space Gray, which are priced at $499 instead of $599 with the discount.
The deal is available in-store only and will last through July 4th.
B&H Photo is offering a small discount on most of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, 64GB model Wi-Fi only model in Gold is priced at $559 and the 128GB model is priced at $659. Prices vary somewhat by model, but there are slight discounts to be had on all of the site’s iPads.
Both Best Buy and B&H Photo have deep discounts on some remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad Air models, as listed below.
– iPad Air Wi-Fi Silver 128GB – $575
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $523.99
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $663.99
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $679
iPad mini 3
Staples is discounting several models of the iPad mini 3 by $100, dropping the price on the entry-level Wi-Fi only tablet to $299. The sale applies to the 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini 3 models in Gold and Space Gray and will last through July 4th.
Amazon has a couple iPad mini 3 models available at a low price. The 16GB Silver Wi-Fi only model is available for $345.97, while the 16GB Space Gray Wi-Fi only model is available for $334.88.
B&H Photo is offering some modest discounts on various iPad mini 3 models, dropping the price by up to $50. The 16GB WiFi + Cellular iPad mini 3 in silver is available for $479 and the 128GB version is available for $669.
Discounts for each model and color vary, but most models are being offered at a lower price than you’ll find at the Apple Store, and buying from B&H, you won’t have to pay sales tax unless you’re in New York.
iPad mini 2
Amazon has some discounts on current iPad mini 2 models, offering the 16GB Silver Verizon iPad mini 2 for $329 and the 16GB Space Gray Verizon iPad mini 2 for $329. Amazon also has the 32GB Verizon iPad mini 2 in Space Gray for $375, the lowest price we’ve seen.
Best Buy, B&H Photo, and Amazon have remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad mini 2 models, which are a good deal if you’re looking for an iPad mini. Compared to the iPad mini 3, the iPad mini 2 only lacks Touch ID.
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (AT&T) – $449.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) – $498.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $379.99
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $495
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $534.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) – $429.99
– 2013 21.5-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/1TB (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $1,199.99, $100 off
– 2013 21.5-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB (B&H Photo) – $1,359, $250 off
– 2013 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) – $1,679.99, $120 off
– 2013 27-inch 3.4GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) – $1,794.99, $204 off
-2014 27-inch 3.5GHz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $2,119.99, $179 off
– 2015 3.3GHz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,899.99, $150 off
– 1.4GHz/4GB/500GB (B&H Photo) – $464, $35 off
– 2.6GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) – $664, $35 off
– 2.8GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) – $938, $60 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $824.99, $75 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $1044.99, $50 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Amazon) (B&H Photo) – $939, $60 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Adorama) (B&H PHoto) (MacMall) – $1,139, $60 off
– 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (Adorama) – $798, $200 off (Lowest Price Ever)
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) – $829.99, $170 off
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $899, $300 off (Lowest Price Ever)
Retina MacBook Pro
– 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/128GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,229.99, $70 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/256GB (Adorama) (MacMall) – $1,424.99, $74 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/512GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,699.99 $100 off
– 2015 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $1,819, $180 off (Lowest Price Ever)
– 2015 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $2,374.99, $125 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/128GB (B&H Photo) – $1,149, $150 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB (Adorama) – $1,229, $259 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/512GB (Adorama) – $1,499 $300 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (Best Buy) – $1,799.99, $200 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (B&H Photo) – $1,899 $600 off (Lowest Price Ever)
There are quite a few apps that are on sale at discounted prices or available for free for a limited time. We’ll highlight a few here, but make sure to check out our sister site AppShopper for a complete list.
Infinity Blade is available for free, down from $5.99. Fearless Fantasy is available for $0.99, down from $3.99. Super Hexagon is available for $0.99, down from $2.99. Thomas Was Alone is available for $1.99, down from $4.99. Lifeline… is available for $0.99, down from $2.99.
Apple Watch app Power, which lets you see the battery of your iPhone at a glance on your Apple Watch, will be available for free on July 4th, so make sure to download it on Saturday to get it at no cost.
Star gazing app Star Walk 2 was named Apple’s App of the Week, so it will be free to download until next Thursday when a new app is picked.
Slickwraps is offering 40 percent off sitewide on all of its skins for Macs and iOS devices using the code FIREWORKS at checkout. The deal lasts through July 6. Apogee is offering $50 percent off select refurbished products, including the Apogee JAM and Apogee ONE. Griffin’s offering 30 percent off sitewide using the promo code ID30.
Beats UrBeats Nicki Pink earbuds are available for $64.99 from Groupon, down from $99.95. Groupon is selling the Beats by Dre. Studio headphones for $169.99, down from $299.99.
Groupon is selling a combo Apple 5-Watt Power Adapter and Lightning Cable for $16.99, down from the regular price of $19 each. The Scosche Retractable Lightning/Micro USB cable is available for $15.99 from Groupon, down from $24.99, and the site is also offering the Griffin iTrip AUX for $27.99, down from $49.99.
StackSocial is offering a $70 Casetify credit for $50 to put towards a custom Apple Watch band or custom iPhone case. Best Buy is offering the Jawbone Up24 for $70 off the regular price. Speck’s StyleFolio for iPad Air or mini is available for $15.99 from LivingSocial, down from $39.95.
$50 Apple iTunes gift cards are available for $40 from PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay. Woot’s selling an Apple EarPods and Lightning cable bundle for $21.99, a decent deal since the combo normally costs $48. Woot’s also offering up to 77 percent off Zagg iPad keyboard cases.
The OVA Wood Apple Watch Charging Dock is available for $69.99 from StackSocial, down from $100. Dragon Dictate 4 for Mac is available from StackSocial for $99, down from its regular price of $154.99. Target is selling Beats by Dre Solo HD Drenched headphones for up to $100 off.
Groupon is selling the Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless Earbuds for $169.99, down from $199.95. Otterbox’s Defender Series Case for the iPhone 6 Plus is available for $34.99, down from $69.90.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.