Tomato is a small, lean and simple replacement firmware for Linksys’ WRT54G/GL/GS, Buffalo WHR-G54S/WHR-HP-G54 and other Broadcom-based routers. It features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi neighbors, and more.
- Fixed PPPoE connect on demand.
- Fixed DHCP not passing current DNS address.
- Fixed TZO external IP check results in chopped address.
- Lenghtened DDNS hostname field.
Download: Tomato Firmware 1.17
If you’ve found that your Hibernate option is missing from Windows Vista, it might be from running the disk cleanup wizard and removing the hibernate files. This is due to a known bug in Vista that might not have been hotfixed already.
Turning it back on is very simple, however.
Type cmd into the start menu search box, and use Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open in administrator mode. You can also right-click the item in the menu and choose Run as Administrator.
From the command prompt, type in the following command:
powercfg /hibernate on
You’ll have to restart your computer before it will take effect.
Update: Alternative Method
An alternative method with more steps was suggested by Shane in the comments. If the above doesn’t fix your problem, you can use these steps.
- Go to the command prompt icon in the Start menu under Accessories and right click the icon: click „Run as administrator“.
- Paste: „powercfg.exe /hibernate on“ and hit Enter and also paste „powercfg -h on“ and hit enter just to be safe.
- Open Control Panel and type in „Hibernate“ in the Search.
- Click „Turn hibernation on or off“
- Click „Change advance power settings“
- Scroll to and expand the „Sleep“ option.
- Select „Off“ to the „Allow hybrid sleep“ option.
- Scroll to and expand the „Power buttons and lid“ option.
- Select „Hibernate“ for the „Sleep button action“ option. 10. Select „Hibernate“ for the „Start menu power button“ option.
Hopefully one of these methods will solve your problem!
After installing Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), you probably will notice that the free disk space of your system hard drive will reduce significantly. The additional space used and occupied by Vista SP1 is used to store Vista RTM files so that system can be reverted to old RTM version when users decide to uninstall the service pack. If you have installed SP1 and decided to keep it, Microsoft has packaged SP1 with Vsp1cln.exe File Removal Tool to reclaim disk space.
Windows Vista SP1 Deployment Guide describes that vsp1cln.exe File Removal Tool as following:
Windows Vista SP1 File Removal Tool Vsp1cln.exe is an optional tool that you can run after you install SP1. This tool removes older versions of components that have been updated in SP1, which are stored during the installation in case you need to uninstall SP1 later. Saving these older components increases the amount of disk space used.. Typically, you should run Vsp1cln.exe if you want to reclaim this disk space after applying SP1 and if you will not need to uninstall SP1. You can use this tool both online and offline, but you must have SP1 installed. You cannot uninstall SP1 after you run this tool on an image.
Tour of Microsof’s cool new research building which opened three months ago. Building 99.
Платформата на Google определено има доста сериозни шансове да стане лидер, дори само заради името на компанията, която стои зад нея. От LiMo Foundation обаче засега не смятат да се предадат без бой и продължават работата си. Ако не знаете какво е това LiMo отидете да прочетете 😉
„In what can only be described as an act of utter desperation to overcome Vista’s mostly negative public perception issues, Microsoft has put together an online „Fact or Fiction“ quiz about Windows Vista. Every person who submits themselves to Microsoft indoctrination gets a free shirt and the chance to win a $15,000 prize. Some of the supposed ‘facts’ will make you feel like you’re reading a document from an alternate reality. Get ready to get a job as a computer salesman for a mass-market retailer as you go through the quiz.“
Много отдавна не съм публикувал снимки с котки …
Поправям се бързо бързо ….
Windows Server 2008 is the best OS to be released till date from Microsoft’s stable.
How setting up Windows Server 2008 to look and feel like its desktop counterpart Windows Vista…
View Full Article: MSDN Blogs
This update improves performance, responsiveness, and reliability of Windows Vista in various scenarios. This update resolves the following issues on a Windows Vista-based computer:
- You receive a „Stop 0x000000A0“ error when you try to switch the computer to the hibernate state.
- You receive a „Stop 0x0000009f“ error when you switch the computer to the hibernate state or to the standby state. Or, you receive this Stop error when you resume the computer from the hibernate state or from the standby state. This problem occurs on a computer that has a wireless network connection.
- The disk does not spin down after a specified time of inactivity.
Additionally, this update can help improve performance when you perform operations that are related to large disk I/O. After you apply this update, you may notice up to a 15 percent performance improvement in some copying operations and when moving some large files.
Download: Update for Windows Vista (KB943899) (x86) (x64)
Microsoft published an article that describes in detail how to automatically extend the evaluation period for Windows Server 2008 to 240 days.
Now we only have to wait for a public download of Windows Server 2008.